Welcome!

I will be documenting the construction of our pole barn home. We decided to build because we had been in the same mobile home for many years. The main reason I started this blog was to help others. When we first started out, we looked for information to help "Do It Yourself" people such as us but didn't find much on the web. With the exception of the concrete foundation work and enclosing the structure, we are doing all the work ourselves. But we have been blessed with family members and friends who have helped us a great deal. We broke ground in July 2006 and we moved in October 2007. If you want to read more about the details of our plans, click here.
Think of this site as a diary of DIY home construction.


Update January 2009:
Hi friends, I had made my blog private for some time but have decided to open it back up again. I was way too busy with other things. I am happy to report we have moved in but still have much to do to complete things. There is still trim to put up, some grouting to do, a few more floors to finish but more on this later. I am in the process of redoing this blog and just wanted to thank everyone for visiting :)

May 24, 2007

Much Progress But I am Tired


We've been so busy the past few days that I haven't had a chance to update my blog until now.
On Tuesday, I started doing the 2nd round of mud in son's bedroom and the guest bedroom. Yesterday I started mud and taping the corner edges in the master bedroom. Got that and the 2nd mudding done in that same room then finished up mud and taping the interior of the closet. Yesterday I started mudding and taping at 9:00 A.M. All together worked around 8 hours and by the end of the day my fingers and wrists were so sore.
Late last night I started carting out the left over sheet rock and cleaning up the living room. I'm going to start cleaning up our mess in the kitchen sometime today.

Our son mud and taped the ceiling in the living room and kitchen. It took him around 2 hours.

My husband started mudding some on the arch and bedroom ceilings.

We bought the corner bead at Lowe's two days ago. We bought a total of 30 8 ft pieces.

The photo is a shot of the bar my husband drywalled a few days ago and the arch. The arch is looking much better but we are not done mudding it or the bar just yet.

No comments: